Saturday, August 1, 2015

Welcome to my Blog!

Hello!

My name is Melanie Foster! I have been a Secondary Science teacher since 2001. I began my teaching career in El Paso, Texas at the same high school I graduated from. I relocated to the greater Los Angeles area in the summer of 2016 for a change of scenery. I have thoroughly enjoyed my move and look forward to many fulfilling years here.

I have an art and science background so continue to create lessons that will incorporate as many learning styles as possible. I am also a green advocate and I look for ways to save paper for things like assessments and quizzes. Not only do some of my methods save copy paper, but they also save time spent in the copy room. I use a lot of technology in my classroom including laptops, desktops, projectors, tablets, and the students own phones. I make it my mission that students use their phones as a resource and not just a way to post on Instagram and Snapchat.

My main goal as a teacher is to foster respect and curiosity in my students while providing them with the tools they need to investigate, research and create their own scientific experiments independently. 

I hope to share many great teaching techniques, resources, posts about my profession and passions. Please share any comments and ask any questions you may have.

Mizzz Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment